Goodness gracious, Great Bowls of Fire!!! We’re hosting our 10th Annual Chili Cook-Off from 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday, February 19.
Think you got what it takes to make the best chili around? Enter our contest to win CASH PRIZES! $20 to enter ($25 on the day of the event). Entry forms, rules and more details are available at the bar OR click the button below to download an entry form to fill out and turn in at the bar.
Got $5? Then you can be a volunteer judge for the contest! Five bucks gets you a spoon and a ballot. People’s Choice judging will begin at 4 p.m. and the winners will be announced by 7.
Enjoy Stan’s spacious back patio, complete with a wooden arbor and outdoor TVs. There will be more than 50 beers on tap, 30 big screens playing non-stop sports action, a menu featuring made-from-scratch recipes, dartboards, a pool table, shuffleboard, music – and of course some of the best chili around.
Stan’s Blue Note will donate a portion of the proceeds to Children’s Medical Center, Scottish Rite Hospital and the Heart of Gold Foundation. Come out for a full day of great food and fun for a good cause!
2022 Chili Cook-Off Rules
Thanks for entering Stan’s Blue Note’s 10th annual chili cook-off! We are going to have a great time and eat some great chili! Here are some things you need to know:
- Your chili must be prepared at home and arrive at Stan’s in a crock pot or some type of warming device between 2:30 and 3:45 p.m. on Saturday, February 19. Please bring a serving spoon. Once you arrive with your chili, you will be given a wristband for acquiring your free draft beer (of the bar’s choosing) between 4 and 6 p.m. Your chili will be given a number at this time and sent to the judging area.
- There will be 2 categories of chili this year:
- Category 1 – Texas Rules Chili – No beans, pasta, rice or other similar items are allowed.
- Category 2 – Anything Goes – vegetarian, beans, fillers, etc.
- Judging for Texas Rules Chili will be a blind judging with the winner getting 50% of the entry proceeds.
- People’s Choice Judging – The voting is done by popular vote by anyone that wants to participate at Stan’s that day. Winner will receive cash prize based on number of entries. Participating judges will pay $5 and be given a spoon and ONE ballot. Judges can buy multiple ballots at $5 each. Proceeds from the judging will go to Children’s Health and Texas Scottish Rite Hospital.
- Your entry fee is $20 and must be paid at time of registration. Entries the day of the cook-off will be $25. 1ST Place will be determined by the votes of the participants and will get a cash prize based on the number of entries. Entry fees are non-refundable but can be transferred to another participant.
- Tasting and judging will begin at 4 and will close at 6. Votes will be counted and the results announced before 7 p.m.